The Phoenix Metropolitan Area includes several cities that are right next door to each other and extend over 80 miles from east to west and 40 miles from north to south. When we talk about Phoenix and The Valley of the Sun, the area includes Scottsdale, Glendale, Tempe, Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Carefree, Cave Creek, Fountain Hills, Peoria, Avondale, Litchfield Park, Paradise Valley, Sun City, and Surprise, all within Maricopa County.
- Arizona: Nation's second fastest growing state
- Phoenix: 1,593,659 as of 2009 - 5th largest city in the U.S.
- Phoenix Metro Area (the Valley of the Sun) - the 12th largest metro area by population in the U.S. with more than 4.3 million people.
- Maricopa County: 4,023,132 as of 2009
- Average Age - 31.7 years old in 2006.
- Average New Home Price - $280,900 in 2010.
- Average Resale Home Price - $127,896 in 2010.
- Average Two-Bedroom Apartment - $980 in 2010.
- Average Rainfall - less than 8 inches
- Average Sunny Days in the Valley are more than 300 per year.
- Average Drive to Work Time - 22 minutes.
- Average Daily Temperature in July is 102 degrees.
- Average Electric Bill per APS statistics (assumes a 2,500 square foot house with a family of 4 and a pool) is $180 to $200 per month in summer, $85 to $105 in winter
More Phoenix Arizona Facts
- The Phoenix Metropolitan Area covers almost 1,000 square miles.
- There are more than 180 area golf courses, private and public.
- Arizona has 67 man made and natural lakes and more boating per capita than any other state. There is only one natural lake in the whole sate.
- The Valley of the Sun is home to 23 Indian Reservations that represent 21 Native American Tribes.
- Cross Country and Downhill skiing only 2 hours away.
- Phoenix is the 15th largest metropolitan area and the 6th fastest growing area in the country.
- The Valley of the Sun ranks 5th in the availability and quality of arts and culture in the country offering more than 30 museums and 160 art galleries, The Phoenix Symphony, Arizona Opera Company, The Herberger Theater and the newly renovated Orpheum Theater.
-The Desert Botanical Garden has the largest variety of desert plants and cacti collection in the world.
Seven Major League Baseball Teams have spring training here:
- Seattle Mariners
- Chicago Cubs
- Chicago White Sox
- San Francisco Giants
- The Oakland Athletics
- The San Diego Padres
- The Milwaukee Brewers
- Anaheim Angels
- Arizona Diamondbacks (In Tucson)
- Colorado Rockies (In Tucson)
Phoenix is home to several professional sports teams:
- Arizona Cardinals (NFL)
- Arizona Diamondbacks (MLB)
- Phoenix Mercury (WNBA)
- Phoenix Coyotes (NHL)
- Arizona Rattlers (Arena Football)
- Phoenix Suns (NBA)
Please contact Key Factor Realty for more information about the relocation to Phoenix area.